There are key elements to becoming an effective school board member. Some my find that the role may require some sacrifices commitment and collaboration, it also requires the ability to obtain and decipher knowledge. For those who may consider joining the fight for quality education, please consider the information below.
Key roles and responsibilities of a school board are to:
1. Ensure creation of a vision and goals for the district; evaluate district success.
2. Adopt policies that guide district actions.
3. Hire a superintendent to serve as administrator of the district; evaluate the their success.
4. Approve an annual budget consistent with the district vision.
5. Communicate the district’s vision and success to the community