|1.||Review the list of approved Photo IDs and make sure YOU have one;|
|2.||Make sure YOUR State Approved Photo ID is current; With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the Photo ID must be unexpired or expired less than 60 days;|
|3.||Verify that the name the Voter Registrar has on file for YOU matches the name on one of the State approved Photo IDs.YOU may visit http://txapps.texas.gov/tolapp/sos/SOSACManager to update YOUR ‘Voter Name and Address’.|
For more details on Approved Photo IDs visit the Harris County Clerk’s website
How do I register to VOTE?
To vote in Texas, you must be registered. Simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date. Get your application here.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
For more details on how to register to vote OR confirm your voting status; visit VOTETEXAS.GOV
Where do I go toVOTE?
You may participate in Early Voting By Personal Appearance means that a registered voter in Texas may vote prior to General Election Day during a period designated by state law.
For more details on Alief residents participating in Early Voting please visit Harris County Clerk